The Institute of Physics (IOP) is a leading scientific society. We are a charitable organisation with a worldwide membership of more than 50,000, working together to advance physics education, research and application.
We engage with policymakers and the general public to develop awareness and understanding of the value of physics and, through IOP Publishing, we are world leaders in professional scientific communications.
For information, please visit iop.org/membership or email email@example.com
Membership of the IOP connects you to the wider physics community through events, meetings and conferences. It also supports your personal and career development through professional qualifications, resources and volunteering opportunities.
Our members come from diverse backgrounds and follow all kinds of career paths. From enthusiastic amateurs to those at the top of their fields in academia, business, education and government, membership of the IOP is for anyone who shares our ambition of increasing awareness of the importance of physics in government, education and industry.
Membership enables you to:
- Join any of our special interest groups at the heart of the community
- Attend IOP conferences and events with exclusive member rates and grants
- Participate in regional meetings and activities organised by your local branch
- Gain professional registration as a Chartered Physicist and Chartered Engineer
- Stand out with AMInstP, MInstP or FInstP after your name
- Receive tailored career support and guidance through our mentor matching scheme
- Develop key transferable skills with free online courses
- Polish your CV and perfect your interview skills with career tips and techniques guides
- Take control of your professional development with the MyCareerPath online management tool
- Get the latest physics news delivered to your door, mobile device or desktop every month with Physics World magazine
- Interact with professionals through the members only LinkedIn group
- Create your own @physics.org forwarding email address